Refuse & Recycling
Recycling Disposal Guidelines
The Municipal Waste Planning, Recycling and Waste Reduction Act 101 was enacted by the Pennsylvania General Assembly in 1998. This act mandates that Manheim Township must adopt an ordinance requiring curbside recycling by residents and recycling by businesses, institutions, governments and at community events. By recycling you are helping to protect the environment...thank you!
Please refer to guidelines on refuse and recycling.
As a resident of Manheim Township, you are required to have weekly refuse pickup. Residents are free to choose from any of the Registered Township Haulers (PDF).
Here are some guidelines to help you with your disposal needs:
- Refuse is collected one time per week and is to be collected on the same day as your recycling.
- Containers may not be placed along streets for pickup sooner than 3:00 p.m. on the day before your scheduled pickup.
- Containers shall not be left along the streets longer than 12 hours after your scheduled day of collection.
- Permitted Township haulers shall pick up refuse between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- If your scheduled pickup falls on a holiday, please contract your hauler to determine your pickup day. Typically, if your refuse collection day falls on a holiday, then pickup will be delayed by one day.
- If your refuse is missed, please contact your hauler as soon as possible.
- Arrange pick up of all over-sized refuse items, such as furniture, mattresses, grills, etc., through your hauler.