The Board of Commissioners
Board of Commissioners
Phone: (717) 569-6408
While the Commissioners do not have offices here at the Municipal building, you may direct any correspondence to the Commissioners c/o Manheim Township Municipal Building, 1840 Municipal Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601
Samuel M. MecumPresidentSam Mecum is the President and Commissioner of Code Compliance, Police and Planning and Zoning.
Thomas G. O'BrienVice PresidentTom O'Brien is the Vice President and Commissioner of Administration, Finance, and Fire Rescue
Donna E. DiMeoCommissionerDonna DiMeo is the Commissioner of Finance, Police, Public Works, Parks & Recreation, and Golf.
Barry KauffmanCommissionerBarry Kauffman is the Commissioner of Administration and Planning and Zoning.
Carol GiffordCommissionerCarol Gifford is the Commissioner of the Library, Public Works, Parks & Recreation/Golf
- Pre-Meeting/Agenda 5:30 p.m.
- Regular Meeting 6:00 p.m.
- Second and Fourth Monday, each month (Except for the month of May. Please consult the Municipal Calendar.There will be no second meeting in December.)
- Workshop only "As Needed," Third Monday of each month at 4:30 p.m.
- Municipal Building
1840 Municipal Drive
Lancaster, PA 17601
Agendas & Minutes
The Board of Commissioners is the elected governing body of Manheim Township and is comprised of five (5) members elected at-large by the Township voters.
The Board of Commissioners' authority is enabled by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania under the PA First Class Township Code and other local government laws and statutes. In Pennsylvania, all Townships of the First Class are governed and supervised by an elected Board of Township Commissioners.
In accordance with the PA First Class Township Code, the Manheim Township Board of Commissioners is charged with the general governance of the Township, the execution of legislative, executive and administrative powers in order to ensure the sound fiscal management of the Township and securing the health, safety and welfare of the citizens of the community.
The Board of Commissioners accomplishes its charge by:
Adopting resolutions and ordinances (laws);
- Hiring staff to provide services and establishing fees and charges for services;
- Adopting a budget and establishing tax rates;
- Appointing advisory and special purpose boards and commissions to help oversee legislative activities and certain operational functions and services to the community;
- Performing duties and exercising powers as may be imposed or conferred by law or the rules and regulations of the Commonwealth of PA.
The Manheim Township Board of Commissioners are elected for terms of four (4) years.