The Manheim Township Public Library - Informing. Educating. Inspiring. Connecting.
The Manheim Township Public Library is located at 595 Granite Run Drive on the scenic Overlook Community Campus. It exemplifies a modern public library and is a favorite destination for the community, with over 200,000 visitors annually. The Library features:
- Hogan & Herr Children’s Library – A bustling area dedicated to children, caregivers, and professionals who work with children.
- Lapp Story Silo – Site of enriching and fun programs for children.
- Morgan Center Rooms A, B, and C – Available on a rental basis for community groups and businesses to host events.
- Teaching/Demonstration Kitchen – Location of popular cooking programs.
- Study/Meeting Rooms – For use by patrons looking for a quiet study room or a small group meeting space.
- Discovery Meadow – Stroll along the Discovery Meadow while learning about the local habitat through native plants.
Collections and Resources
The Manheim Township Public Library has a well-rounded collection of books for all ages and interests, but the Library is ‘More than books’. With a library card, patrons can borrow:
- Movies and TV show/series on DVD
- Audio books on CD
- Music CDs
- Exploration Backpacks
- Playaway Views and Launchpads
- Great Courses on CD
In addition, patrons can download and view e-resources from the Library’s website:
- digital music
- Research databases
- Instructional software
The Library hosts about 1,500 programs annually for children, tweens, teens and adults. Here is a link to the calendar of programs.
- Internet computers for patrons in the Children’s, Teen, and Adult areas of the Library.
- Free Wifi
- Computer classes
- One-on-one computer tutorials