1840 Municipal Drive
Ph: (717) 569-6408
Fx: (717) 560-4183
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The Administration Department is a team of specialized staff responsible for a variety of executive, administrative and specialized functions and services internally for the Township and its departments, as well as externally for Township citizens.
To provide prompt and effective external and internal administrative support and coordination to the Board of Commissioners, other boards and commissions, Township departments, and citizens within the specialized area of service in a professional, legally responsible, cost efficient manner consistent with the Township's overall mission.
Examples of administration areas and responsibilities include:
- Acting as the point of contact for the Township and Board of Commissioners,
- Coordinating response to citizen concerns, requests for services and providing information,
- Supporting activities of the Township departments, boards and commissions, appointments, special projects, web site, etc., and
- Maintaining official records, including all Township ordinances, resolutions, policies, contracts, and all minutes.
Public Relations and Community Events Coordination
- Preparing to respond to natural disasters and a wide range of calamities and assuring continuity in essential Township operations,
- Coordinating emergency responses to disasters, and
- Overseeing and maintaining preparation of the Township's Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) and similar coordination with local, county, state and Federal emergency services.
Information Technology (IT)
- Coordinating and acting as point of contact for the Township newsletter, communications and web site,
- Acting as point of contact and coordinating major Township Events and similar civic programs, and
- Coordinating reservation and promotion of The Barn facility.
- Acting as the point of contact for internal IT services and support, and for outsourcing support,
- Providing for records backup, continuity planning, web site and specialized software support,
- Coordinating support for desktop equipment through help desk and on-site customer assistance,
- Providing network infrastructure to support Township computer operations and information transfer,
- Providing for the procurement, development, upgrade, and support of Township software for customer departments,
- Supporting telephone and cable communications for Township facilities, and
- Ensuring security and integrity of Township's network and data.