- Elected Tax Collector
Tax Collector's Office
At the January 10, 2022, meeting of the Board of Commissioners of Manheim Township, the Board approved ordinance 2022-02 which authorized the appointment of a Deputy Tax Collector. The Board also approved the Elected Tax Collector’s (Cherie Cryer) appointment of the Lancaster County Treasurer as Deputy Tax Collector.
Effective calendar year 2022, the Lancaster County Treasurer’s Office collects the county and municipal real estate taxes (spring taxes). Tax bills are mailed by March 1. Please see your bill for detailed information on payment options which include the following:
- In person at any Lancaster County Fulton Bank
- Online using a debit or credit card at https://lancastercountypa.gov/162/Treasurer
- Via mail: check payable to Lancaster County Treasurer
Lancaster County Treasurer
County & Municipal Tax Bill
PO Box 3894
Lancaster, PA 17604
Please call (717) 299-8222 for questions regarding county and municipal real estate taxes.
Please note that with the current tax collection process in place, the Tax Collector’s Office at the Manheim Township Municipal Building is CLOSED, and payments will not be accepted at the Township Office.
The Manheim Township School District will continue to collect school district real estate taxes (summer taxes). Please call (717) 569-8231 for questions regarding school district real estate taxes.
- The Lancaster County Treasurer’s Office issues tax certifications for 2022 and 2023 county and municipal real estate taxes (spring taxes). Please call (717) 299-8222 for assistance, or view their webpage at https://co.lancaster.pa.us/587/Tax-Certification. (For certifications of 2021 or older county and municipal real estate taxes, please contact Cherie Cryer at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- The Manheim Township School District issues tax certifications for the school district real estate taxes (summer taxes). Please call (717) 569-8231 for assistance.
Collection of Prior Year Unpaid Real Estate Taxes
The Tax Claim Bureau collects prior year unpaid real estate taxes for all municipalities and school districts in Lancaster County. For assistance with prior year unpaid taxes, please call (717) 299-8232.
If you have any questions not addressed above, please contact Cherie Cryer at email@example.com.
Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program
Manheim Township does not have a process to reduce real estate taxes for senior citizens. However, the State of Pennsylvania does offer a Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program which assists in rental or property tax costs in the form of a rebate on rent or property taxes paid during the previous year. Call #1-800-362-2050 for more information or an application. This program is funded by the PA Lottery and administered by the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue. Assistance completing the application is available by appointment at the Office of Aging, Community Action Program offices, and many state legislators’ offices. You may want to also contact the Manheim Township School District Tax Office as well.