Home Improvements

Do I Need a Permit? What Kind of Permit is Required?

Most if not all changes, additions or modifications to a property will require approval from the Planning and Zoning Department. A review of the proposed project will be done to ensure compliance with the Township Zoning Ordinance.

Additionally, a number of projects will also require compliance with the Pennsylvania Uniform Construction Code. The Code Compliance Department enforces the PA UCC.

In order to make sure your project will be in compliance with both the Zoning Ordinance and the PA Uniform Construction Code, you will need to submit paperwork for both Departments to review prior to the commencement of any work. (It’s easier and much cheaper to fix discrepancies of paper before you start the actual project than it is once you’ve committed time and materials.)

In the sidebar to the left of this area you will find links associated with a variety of home improvements and residential construction projects. 

Not sure if your property is considered residential or non-residential (commercial)? Still confused about what type of permit may be required? Contact us, we are here to help you though the project.