The 4th of July is fast approaching and you're excited to set off some new fireworks you picked up for the weekend. PLEASE read this PSA
from the Manheim Township Police Department
in regards to fireworks, and what you can do in the Township, and what you can't do. We want everyone in the community to celebrate responsibly and safely this weekend. Please spread the word.
Manheim Township Police Department Fireworks PSA:
Fireworks CANNOT be ignited or discharged:
- on a public or private property without express permission of the property owner. **(this includes the street)**
- from or within a motor vehicle or building.
- towards a motor vehicle or building.
- within 150 feet of a dwelling / structure.
- while the person igniting the firework is under the influence of alcohol, a controlled substance, or another drug.
Based upon the above, there are very few locations within Manheim Township, where the discharging of "consumer fireworks" would be legal. Remember - the SALE of the fireworks may be legal, but the USE of them may not be. Please be sure to be neighborly and follow the above laws. Also, be sure to click here
or the picture below to view the MTPD PSA video, and stay safe this weekend and summer!