Starting Monday, June 3, bridge work being performed by the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation will affect vehicle access to the Lancaster Amtrak station. Note that the station will remain open throughout the construction, with no impact to train schedules.
Allow Additional Travel Time
Pedestrian access to the station will be affected. Passengers driving to the station should allow additional time due to street detours and anticipated vehicle congestion.
Accessing the Station
- During construction, McGovern Avenue will be closed from Lititz Avenue to Queen Street, including the eastern entrance/exit at the Lancaster station.
- Directional signage and road striping is in place to assist motorists through the new traffic pattern.
- All vehicles will enter and exit the station at Queen Street.
Bus, Car & Taxi Pick-up/Drop-off Lanes
- While construction is taking place the vehicle pick-up/drop-off area will be temporarily relocated to a safe location near the front of the station entrance.
- Bus and taxi drop-off lanes in front of the station will remain open with access to this area restricted to these vehicles only.
- Be alert in the area around the station as heavier-than-normal vehicle congestion is possible, especially at peak travel times.
- Give yourself ample time to avoid rushing to catch a train.
- Watch out for any tripping hazards near the station such as construction debris or uneven surfaces.
Thank you for traveling with Amtrak. We appreciate your patience during this period. Reservation and train status information is available on Amtrak.com, our free mobile apps and at 1-800-USARAIL
(1-800-872-7245). Join us on facebook.com/Amtrak and follow us on twitter.com/Amtrak.