How can I obtain a copy of a valid certificate of use and occupancy for my residential property?

Property owners, real estate agents or attorney’s representing a property owner may contact the Planning and Zoning Department at 717-569-6406 ext. 7 or by email to Planning and Zoning Provide the following information: property address, whether the property is a single family residence, townhouse, or duplex; and if the property has a basement and if any portion of that basement has been converted into a finished area (ie. family room, bedroom, etc.) We will check our records for a valid certificate of use and occupancy and provide a copy of the certificate to the mailing address or email address provided. If the property does not have a certificate of use and occupancy on file, either the property owner or the owner’s agent will need to make application for a certificate of use and occupancy. Applications must be completed at our office during our regular business hours which are 7:30 a.m. through 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. The filing fee for a residential certificate of use and occupancy is $50.00. At the time of application, we will schedule an appointment for an inspection of the property. Click on the link below for more information and resources concerning the application and inspection requirements for certificates of use and occupancy.

Certificate of Use and Occupancy Page

Certificate of Use and Occupancy Application (PDF)

Show All Answers

1. What is a building permit?
2. When is a residential building permit required?
3. Is a permit required for a roof replacement?
4. How do I apply for a building permit?
5. Do I need a permit to replace my water heater, furnace, heat pump and/or boiler, etc.?
6. What is a Certificate of Use and Occupancy?
7. How can I obtain a copy of a valid certificate of use and occupancy for my residential property?
8. Is the burning of refuse, leaves and trimmings permitted in Manheim Township?
9. Are recreational fires permitted in Manheim Township?
10. Do I need a permit to install a fire alarm, and/or burglary, panic or robbery alarm system in my home or business?
11. How do I hire a reputable contractor for my construction project and must my contractor be licensed?
12. Do you have any information on decks and deck safety?
13. What is a radon control system and how do they work?
14. Where can I find information on housing assistance for owners, landlords or developers?
15. Do you have a mosquito complaint?
16. Who are the third-party, non-residential, electrical inspectors contracted by the Township?
17. How do I sign up for news and alert notifications?
18. What are the regulations for posting an "issue sign" (i.e. political signs)?
19. Does the Township require an inspection of a property before the property is sold or title transferred?
20. If I file a complaint with the Township, will it remain confidential?