Katrina Anderson, MLS
Janet Bailey, MS
Manheim Township Public Library
595 Granite Run Drive
Ph: (717) 560-6441
Fx: (717) 560-0570
Monday - Wednesday
10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Thursday - Friday
10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
The Manheim Township Public Library professionals and volunteers provide the community and library patrons with a variety of information resources, support and technology tools to educate and inform in a positive atmosphere conducive to learning and exploring.
The library staff and the public library building and facilities support informal and formal programs and activities for adults, teens, children and families. The library is "more than just books" by offering users reading and video materials, meeting facilities, internet connectivity, relaxing refreshment areas, and other services to support library users and groups. The Township library is great place to study and pursue research, academic interests, internet browsing and similar leisure interests.
To (a) provide resources and services to inform, educate and inspire and make the Manheim Township Public Library a vibrant place where people want to be; (b) to meet the facility and informational needs of our diverse constituency; (c) to host many groups and organizations in our state-of-the-art facilities; and (d) to monitor and remain flexible to the changing nature of library services.
- Oversee use and operation of library building;
- Develop services and programs for educational, recreational and cultural enrichment that promote and support personal growth, economic self-sufficiency, and a life-long love of learning;
- Manage staff and volunteers that will provide timely, relevant, personal and accessible content for all Township residents;
- Monitor the implementation of the library's media content collections so that they reflect and embrace the Township's ever-changing media preferences and usage habits;
- Develop an environment and culture that will accommodate informal socialization and a variety of formal learning-oriented programs;
- Oversee and monitor the library budget and financial plans;
- Continue to use and embrace state-of-the art technology for operations, management and communication.