- Public Works
- Adoption Programs
Manheim Township Adoption Programs are community service programs designed to allow local service groups and organizations to adopt Township roadways or streams and keep them clean. The Township is always seeking new groups with interest in "getting involved" and participating in this beneficial program. Groups can participate in the more common "road beautification" program, or groups may participate to enhance Manheim Township waterways by participating in the Adopt-A-Stream program. Activities include recording cycles of wildlife, monitoring water quality, care-taking of plants, and stream side cleanup and landscaping.
The programs are scheduled between April and October. If your group is interested in a service project that requires two mornings of work a year, please contact the Public Works department for more information, or review additional information on the website.
Manheim Township would like to thank the groups below who are currently participating in these programs.
Adopt-A-Road Program - Participating Groups
- Grandview United Methodist Church (Grofftown Road)
- Lancaster Northeast Rotary (Butter Road)
- Cub Scouts Pack 83 (Airport Road)
- Manheim Township Lions Club (Hess Boulevard)
- Manheim Township Democratic Club (Meadow Lane/Shaub Lane)
- Reidenbaugh Family (Buch Avenue)
- Lanco Federal Credit Union (West Roseville Road)
- Your Group Here....
Adopt-A-Stream Program - Participating Groups
- Nitrauer School (Landis Run Tributary)
- Your Group Here...