- Code Compliance
- Commercial Construction Permits
- Commercial Fire Alarm Systems
Commercial Fire Alarm Systems
Fire alarm installations are to be completed once a building permit has been obtained. Fire alarm work installed as part of a new building, addition, alteration and/or a tenant fit out is to be done under the project building permit. A separate building permit is not to be obtained for the fire alarm work unless the only work is for the installation of the fire alarm system. Fire alarm testing and approval is required for all systems.
Building Permit Requirements
- Submit the following in person or via first class mail for review and approval:
- Completed and signed Building Permit Application (PDF)
- Review the Commercial Construction Submittal Guide (PDF) for permit and plan requirements
- Complete the Commercial Fire Alarm Submittal Package (PDF)
- Complete the Fire Protection Detection Release Form (PDF) if you would like to defer the submittal of fire sprinkler and/or fire alarm plans/specifications.
- Completed Fee Schedule Worksheet.
Fire Alarm System Requirements
Commercial Fire Alarm Systems, Automatic Fire Detection Systems, Supervision of Fire Sprinkler Systems
A building permit is needed for any non-residential (required or otherwise) fire alarm, fire detection or fire alarm supervision of a fire suppression system to be installed, enlarged or extended. As noted earlier, the installation of a fire alarm system as part of new construction, addition, alteration and/or tenant fit out is to be completed under the project building permit.
- Commercial Fire Alarm Submittal Package (PDF)
- Fire Alarm Ordinance of Manheim Township (PDF)
- Review Administrative Order #2017-3 Fire Protection Systems (PDF) for Township specific requirements associated with fire sprinkler and alarm installation requirements.
- Administrative Order #2017-3 Fire Protection Systems - Supra Safe Lock Box Ordering (PDF)
- Required fire alarm systems are to be certificated by an independent Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL). Examples of such are Underwriters Laboratories (UL), FM Global (FM), Intertek-ETL, etc.